With so many different sites out there, it can get confusing... should I "like" a tweet or "RT" a status. There are those that can handle having it all, but I am definitely not one of them.
I used to have a Myspace account back in the day (::sigh:: memories), but then I canceled it. Once Facebook started I decided that it was one or the other and since all my friends turned their back on Myspace, then so did I. Myspace has changed a lot since I last used it, and it seems to be the place for pre-teens and teens with drama or for band pages. Facebook seems to be a bit more mature in content and layout, but since the new timeline it does have a Myspace feel.
Twitter, on the other hand, was never in my sights until I took this class. I have been begged by friends to follow them and that they'll "follow back". Since signing up for it, I was so confused but thanks to the article by David Pogue, Twitter? It's What You Make It, I think I'm clear on it being whatever you want it to be. It seems like an interesting place to follow celebrities you're obsessed with and people that are hilarious and that post interesting factoids. I might just keep my account after this class...
The final networking site that I looked at (and I must confess, I did have to look up 'social networking sites' on wikipedia) was Flickr, since I have gone on it in the past and have seen it being used more frequently. It seems completely different from Twitter, Myspace and Facebook, since these sights have you explain your life in words. Flickr seems to let you share your images with others and for someone who is interested in photography, I like it. It seems simple enough, but give it time. I'm sure one day Flickr will feel the need to catch up to other "social networking sites" and add annoying changes.
For now, I think I'll stick to my good 'ole Facebook (minus the timeline change... I refuse to give in).
I decided not to create a twitter account for this class. I can do with out it. I will find other sources of information about it for this class. I have enough accounts on enough sites.
ReplyDelete